Munroe Elementary School
At Munroe Elementary School we work hard to meet the diverse educational and social needs of our students and most importantly, we believe in making a difference in the lives of each of our students. We are located in the Westwood neighborhood of Southwest Denver and take pride in educating a high number of English-language learners. As a school community, our teachers and parents work closely to promote academic success as we continually work together towards building a high achieving school in our community. The students at Munroe Elementary School strive to be SUPER!
Safe United Positive Excellent Respectful
- ECE through 5th Grade
- Spanish Instructional Support at all grade levels
- English Language Development at all grade levels
- Intervention support for Math, Reading and Writing
- Low student to adult ratio in all ECE, Kindergarten and First Grade classes
- All students participate in Technology, Physical Education, Music, Visual Art, and Library classes
- Extensive After-school Programs include: Fit Fun, Gardening, Cooking Matters, Denver Scores, Open World Learning (OWL), Boy Scouts and Homework Support, Art Classes (mural painting, knitting and sand art), Wrestling/Jump Rope/Basketball Clubs, Hip Hop Dance classes, Chess Club, Legos, Family Nights (literacy, math, health, etc.)
- Parent Teacher Home Visit Program
- High Levels of Parent Involvement and Volunteerism
- Opportunities for parents include: Parenting Partners, English classes, Computer classes, Pastries-for-Parents, Zumba
- Neighborhood Center
Munroe not only has the highest attendance rate in the Southwest region, but we are also among the highest SPF growth schools in the region!
Call today to receive more information or to come see our school and the great things our Munroe Mustangs are doing!
Look for us on Facebook!